This position has now been filled
The ‘I Can’ Centre Coordinator is a key and exciting new role for Valley Leisure Ltd and will be at the forefront of ensuring an effective, efficient and customer focused rehabilitative exercise therapy service is delivered for the benefit of all who attend.
The ‘I Can’ Therapy Centre is an exciting new facility in Andover which aims to provide an opportunity for local people to move more and feel better with a view to supporting them to live as independently as possible, as well as possible, for as long as possible.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrator who will ensure the smooth day to day running of the ‘I Can’ facility which provides rehabilitative exercise services for mainly older, inactive and deconditioned or disabled people often with a wide variety of health conditions.
This role will include the delivery of effective administrative and financial systems within the Centre and coordinating the day-to-day interface with centre users, service providers, colleagues and the general public.
The Centre Coordinator will also be responsible for the development and implementation of a new and exciting volunteer programme which will include the recruitment, coordination and retention of volunteers in the role of ‘I Can’ Buddies who will support ‘I Can’ customers to exercise.
Suitable candidates will possess the following:
- Excellent personal and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to adopt appropriate style and methods of communication
- Excellent organisational skills including administrative, resource and time management, ability to establish and coordinate systems and processes.
- IT Skills including Microsoft Office applications and databases.
- A team player able to work well with others within and outside of the team.
- An understanding of the benefits associated with being active and keeping healthy and well.
- An understanding and empathy towards older customers and those living with a long-term health condition.
- An understanding of volunteering and the benefits that volunteers can bring to an organisation. Liz Murray, Community Health Development Manager
- For more information please call 01264 568194 or to apply, please send your written application including CV and covering letter to:
Valley Leisure is committed to employment and recruitment best practice on the basis of equality and diversity.